Our Client is a very successful Farm Equipment dealer located in Southwestern Ontario. They operate a fast paced business selling new and used machinery and parts and are currently accepting applications for an Accountant/Controller.
Why work with our client:
An established, stable and successful locally owned company.
A team environment where your opinions are respected.
Willing to train, and room for advancement.
What you will do:
· Post daily Point of Sale batches
· Input all money received – cash, checks, credit cards, wire transfers, etc.
· Update bank deposit
· Review End-of-Day reports
· Input all Accounts Payable invoices received in mail, email, or automatic debits from bank
· Input all Unit Inventory that has arrived
· Input al complete Unit Sales (Post Deals)
· Enter Equipment Rental invoices as needed
· Post GL Transactions
· Create A/P checks
· Doing payrolls every week
· Update bank reconciliation each week (or day) and clear checks, deposits, JE’S etc. that have cleared the bank
· Print sales analysis and profit reports to review for the previous month
· Pull commission report for sales in previous month
· Run Trial Balance for previous month to find any discrepancies
· Review aged A/R ahead of running statements
· Run Sales Tax report to pay state taxes
· Review outstanding Floor-plan Payables
· Close Previous month once all reconciliation has been complete
· Review contracts in transit
· Meet with service manager to review WIP
· Meet with Parts Manager to review open purchase orders
· Review unmerged credits on AR accounts
· Post interest and run AR statements
· Review unit inventory balance sheets and compare subtotals
· Reconcile parts pad with GL and do a gap analysis where applicable
What you will need:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
· Accounting designation or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
· Minimum 3 years accounting experience in controlling, bookkeeping.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
· Self-motivated and self-directed
· Ability to work closely with a senior management team
· Salary: 60k- 75k base on experience, review after 3 month probation
· Benefits: Extend health insurance after probation
· RRSP match: After one year of start
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
AgriRecruiting.com Inc. is a recruitment firm for permanent full and part-time agricultural jobs in Canada. As farmers and agribusiness people with more than 40 years of industry experience, we understand the needs of our employers and our candidates. Our goal is to provide our clients with long-term quality employee solutions as well as to help candidates find a rewarding, long-term career. Please visit our website at www.agrirecruiting.com for more information and our job board with a full list of available Ag jobs.