Agricorp is looking for an Adjuster to join our Regional Services team in the Program Delivery division. This opportunity will appeal to those interested in representing Agricorp locally in the area covering Elgin & Norfolk counties with crop specialties that include fresh market vegetables, grains & oilseeds, edible beans, processing crops and forages.
The role is a part-time contract position that requires availability throughout the year and works from a remote home office.
Adjusters use their local knowledge of clients, crops and agronomics to act as the key Agricorp resource for the inspection of crops, investigation and settlement of claims, audits and other local services. In this role, you will:
- Handle enrolment, underwriting assessments, contract establishment, premium collection, claims adjudication and settlement activities for assigned clients
- Conduct inspections and audits, including damage report investigations, seasonal crop inspections, yield claims, acreage and application of losses due to uninsured perils
- Provide agronomic and crop plan knowledge and expertise to other departments or projects as required
- Perform other adjusting duties as required
Job Status: 1 contract position
Location: Elgin & Norfolk
- Post-secondary education in agriculture or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ of related experience in farming or in the agricultural industry with a specialization in crop production
- Knowledge of Ontario agronomy and the management and marketing of local crops
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse stakeholders using influence and authority
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) an asset
- Achieving quality results – Focuses efforts on managing one’s self to achieve high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards and measures, while managing risk
- Client focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients
- Information gathering – Locates and collects data from appropriate sources and analyzes it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information
- Initiative – Identifies and deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
- Planning and organizing – Develops, implements, evaluates, and adjusts plans to reach goals while ensuring the optimal use of resources
- Program knowledge – Knows and understands the programs and services provided by Agricorp
As an agency of the Government of Ontario, Agricorp works with partners to contribute to a vibrant and sustainable agriculture industry. With more than 400 employees serving more than 47,000 producers province-wide, Agricorp delivers programs that help producers manage risk and remain financially secure. The agency was established in 1997 by the provincial government under the authority of the AgriCorp Act, 1996.
Agricorp delivers a variety of programs and payments on behalf of the federal and provincial governments, including AgriStability, Farm Business Registration and Production Insurance. Please visit www.agricorp.com for more information.
To apply for this position, please go to www.agricorp.com and select careers and then current opportunities.
Please submit your application for this position by May 3, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.