Administrative Assistant - Accounts ReceivableApply online
|Company Name||Hensall Co-operative|
POSITION: Administrative Assistant – Accounts Receivable LOCATION: Hensall
Hensall Co-op is seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team at the Hensall location. The Administrative Assistant – Accounts Receivable is responsible for performing the day-to-day processing accounts receivable transactions to ensure that finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
What Hensall Co-op has to offer:
- Group Benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
- Pension Plan matched by Hensall Co-op.
- Length-of-Service Awards
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Accounts Receivable accounts are maintained and forwarded to appropriate departments for correction and clarification when needed.
- Set up and maintain accurate customer information.
- Provide a personable and professional customer service experience to customers, members, and investors.
- Assist with the identification and resolution of customer service complaints at locations as needed.
- Post cheques, FCC payments, charge back NSF cheques and other invoices.
- Run Equifax reports for new applicants for review by the Member Services and Credit Manager.
- Run reports and complete month-end duties.
- Assist with daily deposits during the busy period if required.
- Reconcile batch deposits from all locations.
- Ensure Accounts Receivable statements are printed and prepared for mailing.
- Monitor customers over their credit limit for collection purposes and contact customers for collection of past due amounts.
- PPSA-register and discharge liens and prepare letters to lienholders.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of accounts and maintaining general ledgers.
- Ability to ensure/maintain confidentiality concerning financial files.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- High level computer skills including ability to operate computerized accounting software and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Post-Secondary education in accounting, finance, or business administration program.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting environment
- Previous experience in an A/R role is an asset
If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Department Attention: Nicole Hawley
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.