Agri-Services Manager (Truro, Nova Scotia) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
|Location||Bible Hill, Nova Scotia|
AgriRecruiting.com Inc. is a recruitment firm for permanent full and part-time agricultural jobs in Canada. As farmers and agribusiness people with more than 40 years of industry experience, we understand the needs of our employers and our candidates. Our goal is to provide our clients with long-term quality employee solutions as well as to help candidates find a rewarding, long-term career. Please visit our website at www.agrirecruiting.com for more information and our job board with a full list of available Ag jobs.
Our client, Perennia Food and Agriculture Inc., is Nova Scotia’s development agency focused on growing the food sector. The agency supports farmers, fisherman, and food processors by offering on-farm production expertise, food safety, and value-added product development services to agricultural, seafood, and food processing enterprises in Atlantic Canada.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced and dedicated Agri-Services Manager for a newly created position, who will lead a province-wide specialized and multi- functional team. This is a unique position for a proactive, skilled, experienced professional who understands business and business development as well as a public sector environment. If you are a strong, experienced leader with a solid understanding of the regional, national and international agriculture and agri-food sector, and have a foundation in solid business practices and opportunity identification, this could be an excellent opportunity for you! This position will be located in Truro, Nova Scotia.
Please note* Our client wishes all interested applicants to apply directly below to AgriRecruting.com for consideration.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Agri-Services Manager will lead a team of horticulturists, livestock, soil and field crop specialists, and special project and sector teams, to best support Nova Scotia’s agriculture industry through innovative services, large industry projects and impactful sector development programs. As a member of the senior leadership team, this position is the key company advisor/builder for the company’s short- and long-term strategy in agriculture, as well as a key partner for the province in such areas.
This position will be the key driver in working with the team to deliver on the strategy through a clearly defined path, core deliverables, performance targets, and management and coaching.
- A competitive compensation package consisting of salary, benefits, and an employer matched RRSP plan, is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
What you will do:
- Develop business opportunities/business plans for new business lines, cost of production, and client evaluations of current business lines.
- Support the team in developing funding applications that drive the current and future goals for the company and industry.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with business, groups, associations and government to support the organizational mission.
- Manage a team of professional agrologists/specialists in two office locations (Truro and Kentville).
- Implement organizational policies and processes to support and motivate staff to ensure goals and objectives are met and/or exceeded.
- Manage and monitor a broad spectrum of multi-disciplinary projects of a technical and business nature.
- Understand all aspects of agriculture and food production with an emphasis on-farm practices, with some understanding the business of value adding through new product development, and importance of food safety and quality assurance in food production.
- Manage and be accountable for an annual budget and revenue targets.
- Think strategically
- Some travel between offices and within the Atlantic region will be required.
What you will need:
- A Master’s Degree in Agriculture or a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- 7+ years progressive business management and administration experience in agriculture, preferably in an agricultural advisory or consulting capacity.
- Proven leadership skills, experience, and ability to coach, inspire, motivate and maximize team performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive approach to work.
- Demonstrated agronomic expertise in at least two agricultural-related disciplines.
- Previous experience in extension capacity is considered a valuable asset as well as some demonstrated understanding of a public sector environment.
- Ability to set and manage divisional budgets.
- Professional Agrologist designation desired.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license and passport is required.
See this job and more at agrirecruiting.com. Recruiters for full time Ag employment