Agricultural/Heavy Equipment Technicians - Chesley, Walton, Lucknow & Mount ForestApply online
|Location||Chesley, Walton, Lucknow and Mount Forest, Ontario|
For decades, Roberts Farm Equipment and McGavin Farm Equipment have been unique in the farming community both aggressively cutting edge, and unapologetically committed to old-fashioned ideas of customer service.
With a combined over 130 years together Robert’s and McGavin’s are a family-owned and operated business that serves the community and many family farms, we think of ourselves as being all in the family. Those 130 years have taught us a great deal about what really matters. We sell some of the finest products in the market, but our customer service is second to none. It's who we are.
Our business remains very rooted from the past generations of Robert’s & McGavin’s values and vision for service and community. While we’ve grown and experienced change, those timeless values have been our bedrock—and the reason the link between our company, the community, and our customers has remained so strong.
We are looking for experienced Agricultural/Heavy Equipment Technicians to join our growing Team!
- Diagnose, repair, and perform general and preventative maintenance on customer equipment in the shop or at the customer site
- Performs electronic and physical diagnostic tests to check whether equipment and components are secure and are working properly
- Isolates the systems or components that might have caused the problem
- Operates equipment for testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting purposes or diagnose using various tools and equipment
- Maintains efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing equipment
- Tests and adjust equipment to specifications for proper performance
- Effectively communicates with customers about equipment issues and solutions
- Efficiently creates accurate quotes for repairs on equipment
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance of shop environment and company vehicles
- Welds and fabricates parts and equipment as needed
- Rebuilds equipment as needed (motors, PTO shafts, front axles etc.)
- Must complete manufacturer training and certifications as required
- Must be available for on call services as required
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50lbs
- Ability to install, maintain and repair mechanical and electronic agricultural equipment
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor, respect and commitment to service excellence.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Diploma or Certificate in Farm Equipment Technician, Heavy Equipment Technician or vocational equivalent
- Valid G Driver's License