Agricultural Shop HandApply online
Agricultural Shop Hand
Our Client is Ontario’s largest and most successful farm equipment dealer servicing their product group. They require a mechanically inclined Shop Hand to Help service machinery, deliver machinery and generally help out around the shop. If successful, this position can turn into an apprenticeship position in Agricultural machinery. Please apply if you love the farm and enjoy working on machinery.
A very competitive compensation package including benefits is offered. The total compensation package will be based on the candidate’s abilities and experience.
Why Work for Them
- Family run business.
- Years of experience in the farm equipment industry.
- Fun Work Environment.
- Excellent hours and pay.
What you will need:
- Three or more years of farming experience.
- A passion for solving technical problems.
- The willingness to self-manage and to make sound decisions.
- A good set of tools to do the minor jobs.
- Good computer, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A good understanding of livestock feed management.
- The ability to work independently (self motivated) or as part of a team.
- The understanding that farming is not a 9 to 5 job.
What you will do:
- Set up, and pre-deliver new machines for display.
- Recondition used machines for display.
- Problem solve, service, repair and maintain machines.
- Conduct on farm service calls to maintain, repair, weld, change oil and service machines.
- Prepare detailed work orders-neatly outlining parts and labour performed daily.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete on-line and off -ite training as required.