Agriculture Entrepreneur - Filled
Our client is a large, long-established and successful, multi-division business operation located in Eastern Ontario. We are conducting a confidential search for a motivated, high-end and energetic Agriculture Entrepreneur to take charge of their farming division. This person will be an integral part of their business leadership team.
This could be an excellent opportunity for you if you have excellent knowledge of farming, and are highly motivated to lead a large cash-crop farming operation into the future. You will be managing all the affairs of the farm including the future strategic vision, and will be reporting to a board of directors.
If this sounds like you, please apply below!
A very competitive compensation package is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
Why Work for this Company
- Great team of people where all divisions work together.
- Very progressive company that uses the latest technology.
- You will have the ability to make large dollar decisions and investments.
- A very enjoyable work life balance.
- Sophisticated accounting and administration team that will help you succeed.
- Operate the farm like it was your own.
- Plan and maintain, in conjunction with other senior leadership, a flexible 5-year plan that will grow the farming division.
- Organize the entire team to complete all the duties for that day, month and year.
- Keep the new and modern equipment operating at peak performance.
- Use all of the latest technology to grow the best crops possible.
What you Need:
- An Entrepreneurial attitude, with the drive to grow the farm through vertical integration and/or diversity.
- The vision and ability to drive innovative ideas from concept to implementation.
- Experience growing cash crops in Ontario.
- Experience managing a farming team is an asset.
- Knowledge of modern farming equipment and practices, including precision farming.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- A Masters or Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Agricultural Business, or related education.