Agronomist (northern Ontario location) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our client is a long-established full-spectrum Canadian Agriculture company with a large cropping operation, grain origination and marketing, seed production, crop input facilities and sales, and consulting services, based in northern eastern Ontario. Due to continued growth they are seeking a motivated and experienced Agronomist to provide consulting services for their operations and to customers.
Please note* this position would require relocation to northern eastern Ontario, in a community with all the amenities, good schools, and recreational and social infrastructure for individuals and families. Financial relocation assistance is offered.
- A competitive compensation package consisting of salary and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Recommendations on crops for various fields.
- Scout all crops on an ongoing basis, in a timely fashion, and report on crop conditions, pest and disease issues.
- Create scouting reports to outline problems found and recommend treatment actions and timing of action.
- Create reports to show results of treatment actions.
- Create data base of crop issues and update on a continual basis to build a history for each field and crop variety.
- Perform mapping & soil sampling duties as required.
- Give recommendations for fertility of crops
- Assist in ensuring that planting, spraying and harvest equipment is correctly calibrated.
- Assist in budget preparation, planning and summer staffing.
- CCA designation an asset, or the ability to pass the exam.
- A successful candidate will actively pursue opportunities to provide agronomic services to existing and new retail clients, in addition to assisting retail sales staff with agronomic training and support.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree or Diploma in agriculture or a related field.
- Five or more years of crop industry and agronomy experience.
- CCA Designation preferred.
- Experience providing knowledge to local farmers on best practices at growers meetings and crop days is beneficial.
- Knowledge of modern farming practices, various Ag equipment and related technologies is a strong asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to build credibility, rapport, and long-term relationships.
- Be able to think outside the box & have a solution-oriented mentality.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel within a defined territory.
- Bilingual language skills in English and French is an asset, but nor required.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is required.