Assistant Sow Barn Manager - Filled
|Company Name||AgriRecruiting.com Inc.|
Our client is a large family farm operation near New Hamburg, ON seeking a full-time permanent employee to join their sow barn team to help them achieve top-tier commercial production.
The Assistant Manager will assist the Barn Manager with all aspects of the sow barn operation. The Assistant Manger takes responsibility for the entire barn when the Manager is not available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- All positions include help with feeding and basic animal care, moving sows, pressure washing, etc. as needed.
- Depending on the candidate, position could include a focus on any or all of the following:
- Farrowing care, piglet processing & weaning.
- Breeding, confirming conception, boar exposure, & gilt development.
- Animal care & management in loose housing.
- Basic repairs & maintenance of barn & equipment.
- Record keeping.
- Implementation of biosecurity and animal welfare protocols are a requirement
- Responsibilities to evolve over time based on ability and needs of the farm.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience in day-to-day operation of a sow barn
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high commercial production in a sow barn
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team to achieve high performance
- Desire to learn independently and find ways to improve productivity or reduce costs
- Self-starter, able to prioritize available tasks and plan work accordingly
- Valid G-license and a clean driving record is an asset.
- Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:00pm, ½ hour off for lunch (full time)
- Weekend chores every 2nd weekend
- Hours can be flexible so long as time-sensitive work gets completed
Salary and Benefits:
- Wage range is $23-27 per hour, depending on experience
- Vacation pay is calculated at 4%, after 5 years moves to 6.0%
- Statutory holidays are paid at 8 hours per day
- Annual bonus based on whole-farm profitability
- Highly flexible heath-spending account for all employees