Barn Manager (2574) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON|
Our Client is a successful and progressive family run swine operation in Norfolk County. They run a very modern and clean sow operation. They provide excellent working conditions, a modern barn, a newer home and an above average pay package. They just purchased this new farm and need a Sow Barn Manager for this 3000 nursery, 2500 finishing Swine operation.
Why Work for Them:
- Young and progressive family owned farm.
- Modern facilities that allows for the highest level of care and animal husbandry.
- A newer modern home.
- Full time, year round employment in a friendly small town atmosphere.
- Forward thinking – Owners value employee input, team approach to management.
- Flexible work schedule with a competitive remuneration package.
- Rural location, close to schools, hospital, shopping and community centres.
What you will do:
- Treat the animals like they were you own.
- Managing all barn activities from nursery to finish.
- Be responsible for barn chores including cleaning, feeding, maintenance and maintaining proper standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Manage the employee to ensure the operation runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain a high quality of herd health.
- Follow all bio-security animal procedures.
- All other responsibilities as necessary to run a very successful operation.
What you need:
- Five or more years of swine barn management experience.
- A mechanical sense and the ability to work as a team leader.
- The patience and gentle nature to work with young stock.
- The desire to create the very best results.
- The desire to keep the barn and the animals in excellent condition.
- The ability to look ahead to see what work needs to be done next.
- The ability to read, write and speak the English Language effectively.
Our client provides excellent working conditions with an above average pay package.