Branch ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Huron Bay Co-operative Inc.|
|Location||Owen Sound, Ontario|
Established in 1951, Huron Bay Co-operative proudly serves 2,500 members and
rural residents in the counties of Bruce, West Grey and North Huron. The co-operative provides
products, services and expertise in agronomy, energy, and feed in addition to serving local
communities through its ACE branded farm stores and garden centres. Huron Bay Co-operative is a
member-owner of GROWMARK, Inc., a large regional wholesale supply co-operative, and markets such
products and services under the FS banner.
Huron Bay Co-op currently has a management opportunity available in Owen Sound for the position of Branch Manager. Under the direction of the General / Area Manager, the Branch Manager is responsible for all segments of location management, including financial results, personnel, safety, and maintenance. They hold responsibility for the profits and/or losses created at the location; oversees all assets and asset utilization and may frequently interact with other Branch Managers; are involved in strategy and implementing company policies, procedures, and initiatives; and maintain and enhance customer and community relations on behalf of HBC.
SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
- Hires, supervises, leads, and develops assigned employees to be technically
competent, industry knowledgeable, and customer focused. Encourages employees to learn new skills,
expand abilities, and seek greater responsibilities. Provides support to the management team
providing local information, market intelligence and competitor information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides leadership in achieving profit objectives through cost control, utilization
of capital assets and human resources, which helps to meet sales and margin objectives at the
- Participates in selling, implementing sales strategies that generate profitable
sales to existing and prospective customers, while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction at
- Supervises and develops staff in handling sales, credit, sales invoices, receiving
vouchers, ordering procedures, inventory control, proper cash handling, preventive maintenance,
product knowledge and facility security. Participates in and assigns recommended Ace Learning Place
- Responsible for the continuous maintenance and safe operation of all equipment and
assets related to the location, ensuring the repairs of facilities and equipment are carried out on
a least cost basis using preventative maintenance procedures and proper operating procedures.
- Keeps inventory secure and in saleable condition by ensuring proper storage of
products to prevent damage, deterioration, contamination, pilferage, loss, theft etc.
- Develops the annual operating budget for the location in cooperation with management
to set specific financial targets. Budgets will include sales objectives, both dollar and volume
units where applicable, service revenue targets, gross margin targets, operational costs, and
- Monitors financial and operating results for the location on an ongoing basis,
achieves approved gross margin objectives and custom service revenue by implementing adequate
controls and ensuring that established guidelines are strictly followed.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion and reporting of monthly
inventories as well as responsible for developing procedures in conjunction with other Branch
Managers to properly receive, ship and track inventory to improve efficiencies and accuracy.
- Maintains adequate inventories of products within budgetary limits and company guidelines, organizes the on time delivery of company products and services to fill the needs of customers.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the card lock and propane filler plant(if applicable), including customer service and training and ensuring that legislated and TSSA requirements are followed.
- Maintains an above average knowledge of products and services, follows market trends and industry news to provide professional advice and information to educate customers and employees.
- Maintains proper personal image and care of company assets.
- Working as part of the HBC team, ensures that company objectives, customer service levels, employee relations and inter-branch relations are improved and promoted.
- Normally requires a high school diploma, college diploma, or equivalent, or a
combination of experience and training to provide the required knowledge and skills to supervise
the retail facility as well as the experience required to provide daily leadership to drivers and
- Demonstrated mathematical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as discounts interest, and percentages.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently work with Microsoft office computer programs in
order to maintain client database system, send and receive electronic mail, perform word
processing, access information over the internet and develop spreadsheets or graphic documents to
enhance business processes.
- Must also possess a valid driver’s license, a driving abstract that represents a
history of safe operation, as well as the ability to maintain insurability.
- May be required to be trained in the following: Chemical Handling and Spills
Response, Confined Space, Defensive Driving, Lifting Devices (Forklift, Pay loader, Skid steer),
Lockout/Tagout, Pesticide Vendor, Propane Pump Attendant, Transportation of Dangerous Goods,
Working at Heights/Fall Arrest.
- May be required to work extended hours, particularly during peak seasons.
WHY WORK FOR US
- Benefit Package
- Company Pension Plan
- Store Discount
- Internal & External Job Training
- Clothing Program
- Paid Time Off
- Profit Sharing