Our client takes care of not only their business but their people. They are an industry leading agriculture business that provides innovative agronomic, energy and grain marketing products, services and solutions. They represent a standard of excellence for agricultural and energy-related products and offer a welcoming, safe work environment, providing comprehensive training and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Their team of skilled professionals is now seeking a motivated professional to join their team as Branch Manager for the Drayton, ON location. This exciting opportunity will oversee all segments of location management, including financial results, assets, personnel, safety, and maintenance. This successful candidate will also be involved with strategy and implementing company policies and initiatives and enhance customer and community relations on behalf of the company. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be involved win a growing and dynamic industry leading company.
What you will do:
· Hires, supervises, leads and develops assigned employees to be technically competent, industry knowledgeable, and customer focused. Oversees employee training to encourage learning new skills employee career growth.
· Provides leadership in achieving profit objectives through cost control, utilization of capital assets and human resources management.
· Participates in sales strategies that generate profitable sales to existing and prospective customers, while ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction at all times.
· Develops efficient processes in customer service, administration, and operations at the location.
Responsible for the continuous maintenance and safe operation of all equipment and assets related to the location, ensuring the maintenance and repairs of facilities and equipment are carried out under proper operating procedures.
· Develops the annual operating budget for the location in cooperation with management to set specific financial targets.
· Monitors financial and operating results for the location on an ongoing basis as well as maintains and submits agronomic reports.
· Maintains adequate inventories of products within budgetary limits and company guidelines, organizes the on time delivery of company products and services to fill the needs of customers. keeps product secure and in saleable condition.
· Maintains an above average knowledge of company and industry related products and services follows market trends and provide advice and education to customers and staff.
· Promotes the use of available credit programs as a selling tool and helps provide the required information to establish credit, as well as works closely with the credit department.
· Attends all required meetings and training programs. Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes in all areas such as safety, credit, proper management of assets, pricing, uniforms, etc. and maintains the appropriate professional image.
· Oversees the branch health and safety policies, training and enforcement as per OHSA and WHIMS.
What you will need:
· Ideally looking for a minimum of a college diploma or university degree in Agronomy or related field, plus three to five years of business experience in related work.
· Demonstrated leadership and team building skills and the ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
· Demonstrated supervisory experience including hiring, orientation, schedule planning, coaching, performance evaluations, health and safety, training and development.
· Planning, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
· Solid experience with computer programs and inventory systems.
· Proven professional communication, persuasion, presentation, and customer service skills.
· Valid Drivers license and clean driving abstract, ability to travel occasionally.