Chicken Farm Manager-Part Time-WeekendsApply online
|Company Name||AgriRecruiting.com Inc.|
|Company Address||Hanover, ON|
Chicken Farm Manager- Part Time – Weekends (131)
Are you interested in an opportunity to put your skills to the test, and manage a poultry operation?
Our client is an established and successful family farm in the Hanover area. We are currently accepting applications for a part time, weekends only, experienced and self-motivated Chicken Farm Manager. If you have experience with poultry we want to hear from you. Please apply below.
Why work with our client:
- Stability – Family owned and operated.
- Forward thinking - Owners value employee input, team approach to management.
- Part time, weekends only, year-round employment in a friendly small-town atmosphere.
- Rural location, close to schools, hospital, and community centre.
- Competitive compensation package.
What you will do:
- Manage the day to day operation of two neighbouring farms; consistently monitoring the health and well being of birds.
- Maintain quality control and bio-security standards.
- Adhere to the Chicken Farmers of Ontario’s:
- “On-Farm Food Safety Assurance Program”.
- "Animal Care Program".
- Operate small equipment for grass mowing and large equipment for snowplowing.
- Problem solve as situations arise.
What you will need:
- 3 or more years of experience working with poultry.
- Self-motivated, reliable and performance driven.
- Mechanically inclined with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate a tractor is required.
- Ability to maintain machinery and broiler barn equipment.
- Ability to work at odd hours during shipping time.
- Computer skills are required.
- A valid Canadian driver’s licence and vehicle are required.