Crop Input Customer Service Representative - Filled
About the opportunity
Are you looking for a hands-on career opportunity supporting local farms and farm families in your community to expand their participation in the agri-food value chain?
Our client has a full time opportunity for a motivated customer service manager to join their team in Bothwell. As the customer service manager, you will have the opportunity to develop and demonstrating your capability to deliver agriculture innovation and services in our communities to enhance our farm owner profitability. Our client strive to be there for their customers when others are not and that there is always a solution to the customers’ needs.
Why work for our client
Our client is a successful crop input company located at south western Ontario , it was founded as a joint venture in April of 2001 to service four counties area. The four counties area comprises of Dawn-Euphemia Township, (Lambton County), Zone Township (Kent County), Mosa Township (Middlesex County), and Aldborough Township (Elgin County), extending into parts of Brooke, Enniskillen, and Orford Townships Their farming background is strong and rooted in the community. They sell and recommend the same products we use on our own farms.
What will you do:
· Provide an exceptional customer experience at every interaction.
· Provide recommendations and solutions to meet our customers needs with a focus on the “Whole Farm Plan,” from precision planning and application, ending with grain handling and marketing.
· Ability to support precision planning including GIS mapping, soil sampling and interpreting the GIS data for customers.
· Understanding and supporting overall branch operation, administrative functions, as well as the branch and individual sales targets.
· Accept orders for products and services and initiate any actions required to effect timely delivery.
· Ensure all products ordered or shipped are properly invoiced prior to leaving the site.
· Assist in monitoring inventory levels and ensure adequate supplies are on hand to support customer purchasing. In consultation with the manager, complete inventory counts and replace inventory as required.
· Assist in the coordination and scheduling of available custom equipment to result in maximum utilization and quality customer service.
· Maintains a clean and attractive environment in the retail area.
· Awareness of sustainability issues such as 4R Stewardship, Class 12 Pesticide rules.
· Extended hours, as required, during the busy season.
What will you need:
- Requires a university or college degree or equivalent years of experience preferably in agriculture, or agri-business
- Preference given to individuals with GIS Certification and work experience.
- Knowledge of agronomy, fertilizer, chemical, seed and grain marketing.
- Have or committed to obtaining the Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) designation within three years.
- Obtain pesticide end/or and professional applicator designations.
- Maintain a valid drivers license.
- Travel as required to support farm owner and branch needs.
If you are interested in furthering your career in agriculture as part of an industry leader, developing innovative solutions and enhancing the profitability of our members, we want to meet with you!
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply however only applicants selected for an interview will be notified.