Crop Inputs Sales Representative (northern eastern Ontario location)Apply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a long-established and profitable full-spectrum Canadian Agriculture company based in northern eastern Ontario. Due to continued growth they are seeking a motivated and experienced Crop Inputs Sales Representative to sell their high-quality products to farmers in a defined area. The ideal candidate will bring direct experience in crop input sales and marketing success.
Please note* this position would require relocation to the company’s location in northern eastern Ontario.
- A competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, commission and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Continuously increase your knowledge of Agriculture, Agronomy, Grain Marketing and the company’s products and services.
- Maintain knowledge of a variety of crops, plant and soil nutrient products, as well as a comprehensive understanding of precision Ag.
- Ensure outstanding customer service and proactively engage new and existing customers in discussing their crop input needs.
- Perform grain originator functions, buying grain from local farmers.
- Excellent focus on sustaining customer relationships, building customer prospects, and closing sales.
- Meet or exceed sales targets through strong individual customer crop plans/tactical plans.
- Bring forward innovative ideas and market intelligence to departments for increased industry market knowledge.
- Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree or Diploma in agriculture or business, or a related field.
- Two or more years of crop inputs industry and business development experience.
- Results-oriented and driven to achieve targets.
- Proven sales, marketing, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to build credibility, rapport, and long-term relationships.
- Be able to think outside the box & have a solution-oriented mentality.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in the Canadian agricultural industry.
- Proven ability to utilize organizational and multi-tasking skills to ensure maximum productivity and manage time effectively.
- Self-directed, and performance driven, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel within a defined territory.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is required.