Dairy Installation - Service TechnicianApply online
Conestogo Agri Systems Inc., a progressive, growing company, is seeking the right qualified individual to join our Installation/service team who is organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and has the ability to adapt to new technologies in the dairy industry. This position offers variety and continual learning opportunities. The successful applicant must possess excellent customer relations skills and will become one of our experts in the milking equipment service and installation department, being familiar with all types of milking and dairy equipment.
This position requires welding experience, as well as electrical knowledge and experience. Previous dairy equipment experience is preferred. A farming or agriculture background would be considered an asset. With the support of your fellow service technicians, our goal is for you to be able to hit the ground running with the installation, troubleshooting, and service of milking equipment. This role will also include training to work in all areas of dairy equipment service and maintenance.
Location: Drayton, ON
Based out of our location north of Drayton, the successful candidate will be working closely with the Service/Installation Manager and existing personnel.
- Work on a team and independently from a mobile location
- Basic electrical and mechanical aptitude a must.
- Refrigeration and welding skills a plus.
- Ability to work in all types of Ontario weather elements as well as conditions common to a dairy facility.
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis and up to 100lbs on occasion.
- Required to participate in the after-hours emergency service “on-call” rotation with the other service technicians.
- Attend company sponsored training courses at corporate training centers.
- Responsible for accurate and complete documentation required of a service technician for daily duties.
- Responsible for your assigned vehicle in regards to communicating all maintenance requirements, keeping vehicle clean, keeping an account of all tools assigned, and keeping account of all inventory.
- Required to display a high degree of professionalism, craftsmanship, work ethic, excellent attendance, teamwork attitude, and perform at a high level of efficiency.
Required Professional Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Service, installation and maintenance experience with dairy milking systems and components
- Aware of all codes and safety regulations
- Technical trouble-shooting skills
- Strong electrical knowledge
- Driver’s license in good standing
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation packages include a group benefit plan and an RRSP plan. Visit our office or check out our website to learn more about what we do.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Computer Operating: 1 year (Preferred)
- Electrical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Service technician: 1 year (Preferred)s