Distribution Sales Manager - Seed Industry - Remote (home office)Apply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a growing and profitable full-spectrum Canadian Agriculture company based in Ontario. They are undertaking an aggressive growth strategy and are seeking a motivated and entrepreneurial Distribution Sales Manager to take their wholesale seed business to the next level. The ideal candidate will bring direct experience in the seed industry, Ag business development and marketing success, and distributor channel experience.
Please note* this a remote role with regular travel to customers, and occasional travel (2-4 days per month) to the company’s head office location.
In this entrepreneurial B2B and B2C business development role, working from a home office and travelling to customers in southern Ontario, Quebec, and possibly other parts of Canada, on a regular basis, the Sales Manager will report to the President, and be responsible for development, (in conjunction with the senior leadership team) and execution of business plans and objectives, sales and marketing programs, and volume and profitability goals for the company’s wholesale seed business.
- A competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, potentially very lucrative percentage of business generated, and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Develop, grow, and maintain distributor labels, and manage yearly profit increases.
- Review and evaluate distributor objectives and strategies to meet growth targets.
- Build and maintain relationships with key contacts to maximize sales and execute pricing and contractual agreements, while effectively resolving concerns and issues.
- Provide leadership in achieving profit objectives and communicate plans and targets to management.
- Develop opportunities to drive sales by upselling to higher quality products.
- Coordinate all aspects of the wholesale seed business on a continuous basis.
- Participate in developing price lists and sales programs to achieve or exceed sales budgets and margin objectives.
- Provide profit analysis reviews on new business and existing contract renewals.
- Participate in developing and executing the annual sales and marketing plan.
- Grow margins, meet assigned targets and finance objectives on all new business opportunities.
- Provide professional and concise contracts for all new business and renewals.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and brand awareness.
- Other responsibilities as required to successfully grow the business.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree or Diploma in agricultural or business, or a related field.
- Five or more years of Seed industry and business development experience, and experience in B2B and B2C sales and distributor network channels is an asset.
- Proven sales, marketing, project management and problem-solving skills.
- A solid network of contacts in the seed industry is a strong asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to build credibility, rapport, and long-term relationships.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in the Canadian seed industry.
- Ability to identify Distributor needs and trends in the marketplace.
- Proven ability to utilize organizational and multi-tasking skills to ensure maximum productivity and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated project management, presentation and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to create both strategic and sales plans and the ability to execute them.
- Self-directed, and performance driven, with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to travel 50+% of the time.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is required.
Tags: farm, farmer, agriculture, grains, oilseeds, cereals, forage, co-ops, agriservices dealers, retailers, wholesalers, seed plant