District Sales ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Alta Genetics Inc.|
|Location||Fredericton, New Brunswick|
About the Company
Alta Genetics is a global livestock genetic improvement and reproduction company with global teams working with major cow populations all over the world. We are dedicated in developing long-term partnerships with leading progressive dairy and beef producers by applying superior knowledge and expertise to drive herd profitability.
Our team passionately pursues our mission to create value, build trust and deliver results for each other and our progressive partners around the world. Alta is a subsidiary of the URUS Group.
Alta Genetics has an immediate opening for a District Sales Manager in Canada. This position would be responsible for the New Brunswick area.
This position will work within a team that delivers high quality genetic products, services and programs to increase profitability for our clients. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, results-driven, has previous consulting/ sales experience in the agricultural, farming or dairy sector.
This position will be focused on identifying primary customer segments and providing world class service to our existing customers. The ideal candidate must be open to ample travel and must be able to work on a variable schedule.
- Assess producer needs and deliver upon requests
- Promote and sell Alta's genetics, related products, and services to retail accounts
- Provide an excellent and efficient service to clients; by providing a superior level of consulting
- Provide continuous improvement to our clients, based on assessment of their individual business needs
- Increase Alta's market share through existing customer base and core business of large herds
- Educate dairy producers and industry partners regarding the value of Alta's products and services, as well as the latest reproduction and management technologies
- Promote Alta products and services at local and regional dairy events
- Participate in domestic or corporate projects upon request
- You will deliver value-added genetic solutions and programs while increasing sales volume within the given sales territory.
Skills and Qualifications
- Along with enthusiasm for and experience in the dairy/beef industry, the qualified candidates have exceptional customer relations and communication skills.
- We are also looking for a person with initiative and who is willing to take an active role in the continuous review and improvement of the processes and information within the department.
- You must be a self-starter, results oriented and driven by developing win-win solutions.
- At least 2 year(s) consultative sales experience required
- Bachelors degree in Dairy, Animal Science or Agriculture is preferable
In depth genetic knowledge and familiarity with dairy management software programs are considered assets.
- Considerable travel may be required.