Facility Assistant/Equipment OperatorApply online
|Company Name||CO-OP REGIONALE|
|Company Address||964027 Development Road|
Location: Thornloe – Temiskaming Ag Centre
Reporting to the Location Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for numerous duties including customer service, operating grain handling equipment, fertilizer blending and delivery equipment and crop spraying equipment. He/she will be expected to work extended hours during seeding and harvesting season.
- Provide excellent customer service at the Temiskaming Ag Center.
- Operate grain handling equipment including grain elevator, grain cleaner and grain dryer.
- Receive, weigh and grade crops for resale.
- Issue grain receipts including weight, grade and dockage content.
- Maintain accurate records of all products handled for quality, billing, inventory etc…
- Operate fertilizer blending and delivery equipment.
- Operate fertilizer delivery trucks.
- Must possess a general level of mechanical aptitude
- Perform general housekeeping duties.
- Must be safety conscious; know and follow proper steps and procedures for any task performed.
- Be able to work irregular hours, under minimum supervision.
- Obtain certificates as required such as Chemical applicator
- Promote the Co-operative’s products, services and philosophy.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements and Experience:
- DZ driver’s license (or ability to obtain) considered an asset.
- Agricultural background considered an asset.
- Must have highly developed organizational skills.
- Must have considerable knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Must be able to handle heavy lifting activities.
- Bilingual - fluent in both English and French would be an asset
- Health Benefits
- Clothing Allowance
- Flexible Vacation Scheduling
- Company Paid Training
Job Type: Full time, permanent position (Non-Union)
Job Location: Thornloe, ON
Salary: Salary to be negotiated with employer
Application Deadline: until job is filled
We thank you for your interest in this position but please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Thornloe, ON (Required)
- DZ (Preferred)
- French and English (Preferred)