Farm and Location ManagerApply online
Our client is a long-established leader in the sod industry with locations throughout south western Ontario. They are a producer and marketer of sustainable, environmentally beneficial products and services blending world-leading technologies with century-old techniques.
We are currently conducting a search for an experienced Farm and Location Manager who will manage a team at their London, ON location. If you are a passionate and dedicated leader with experience developing a work culture focused on quality and an excellent customer experience, and you are a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves manager, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Please apply below!
Please note* Our client requires candidates to apply directly to AgriRecruiting for consideration.
Under the supervision of Senior Management, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of daily operations related to sod delivery logistics including; yard operations, office, customer relations, and managing all related staff. The position goal is to exceed the company’s customers’ expectations through a safe, happy, customer- focused staff culture.
- A comprehensive package including a competitive salary, benefits, and a company vehicle, is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Responsible for making the customer happy!
- Maintaining and enhancing communication and overall customer relations with retail and wholesale customers directly and through staff (office staff, drivers, and other managers) regarding customer orders, deliveries, pricing and overall interaction.
- Balancing customer needs with equipment and staff limitations.
- Attracting, hiring and training seasonal agricultural employees, truck drivers, and office staff, who are required to work long hours during the season.
- Creating a positive working environment which promotes the company’s business philosophies.
- Responsible and accountable for sales and reconciliation of related transactions at the location.
- Communicating with ownership in a timely and productive manner.
- Maintaining the appearance, cleanliness and maintenance of the front store, offices and yard.
- Maintaining health and safety standards through all functions.
- Willingness and ability to be a hands-on manager who can step in to help get the job done on-time.
- Will be required to work long hours during the season
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A combination of farming and location management experience is ideal.
- 2+ years of people management experience demonstrating the ability to provide successful leadership and developing a winning culture for location management.
- Sales experience in the Agricultural Industry, preferably with both wholesale and retail customers.
- Prior experience with high volume dispatch, trucking, and agricultural logistics is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the time-sensitivity of sod products and the seasonality of the industry is an asset.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with health and safety standards.
- An AZ or DZ License is an asset; company can provide training for certification.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is required.