Farm Equipment Operator - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our Client is a successful and award-winning family-owned organic farming operation, located in the Peterborough, ON area. As their business continues to grow, they are looking for an experienced and motivated Equipment Operator to become and important part of their team, for a newly created role.
The farm is a multi-generation operation currently farming broiler chickens and 1000+ cash crop acres, all grown organically. In this role, the successful candidate will operate large modern farm machinery, and be responsible for other day to day operations in the fields and in the modern broiler chickens’ facility.
If you have a background in farm equipment operation and farming livestock (any type), the motivation to learn and produce high quality crops and broilers, and are mechanically inclined, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. This position offers room for advancement to supervisor and management.
Please note* our client wishes all applicants to apply directly to AgriRecruiting for consideration.
Salary and Benefits:
- There is a base salary plus a production incentive bonus plan.
- A family sized farmhouse including utilities can be provided, if required.
- A company vehicle is included.
- Take an active role in the operation and become an important part of the team.
- Operate large (100+hp) modern farm equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist with livestock operations and other duties as required
- Willing to work extended hours during busy seasons.
- Take initiative to suggest improvements and find work that needs to get done.
- Perform required general maintenance for the equipment and facility and machinery, and arrange for repairs as needed.
- Be responsible to meet and exceed production quality and numbers.
What you will need:
- 3+ years of experience operating large modern farm equipment is required
- Experience working on a cash crop (soybeans, corn, wheat, etc.) farm is an asset.
- Proven experience and skills farming livestock is nice to have but not required. Training is offered.
- Leadership and supervisory skills and experience is an asset.
- Motivated to learn and produce high quality crops and broiler chickens.
- Experience growing broilers is an asset, but not required.
- Strong mechanical skills related to farm equipment.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Positive and energetic attitude, willingness to learn.