Farm Manager - Fruits, Vegetables and Grains - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
|Location||Kentville, Nova Scotia|
Our client is a third generation, diversified family farm located in Nova Scotia’s Annapolis Valley. They currently specialize in mixed berries, and some vegetable and grain crops. The farmers are retiring and looking for a committed and experienced Farm Manager to manage the overall operation, and lead the team with a focus on producing quality products for their diverse customer base.
Compensation: A competitive compensation package consisting of salary and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience. *Financial relocation assistance may be a available.
- Manage and coordinate the overall daily operations of the farm, including planting, cultivating and harvesting activities.
- Hire and manage farm workers. Employee counts are11 full-time staff plus seasonal planting and harvest labour.
- Perform marketing activities and customer relations.
- Manage and arrange farm machinery, seeds, plants and other supplies.
- Manage and supervise financial and production records.
- Ensure food safety procedures are implemented and adhered to.
- Undertake nutrient management planning.
- Inventory management and storage
- Ensure frost protection during spring months.
- Other responsibilities as required to successfully grow the business.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Post-secondary education in agriculture and/or combination of on farm experience.
- At least 5+ years experience on farm, preferably with fruit and vegetable crop experience
- Must be able to reside near or on farm and work flexible hours.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and effectively manage people.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit with a high level of commitment and accountability.
- WHIMIS and 1st Aid are considered an asset.
- Fluency in Spanish is an asset but not required.
- A valid Canadian Driver’s license is required.