Farm Operations Manager - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our client is a large, long-established and innovative, multi-division agricultural business operation located in Eastern Ontario. We are conducting a confidential search for a motivated, educated, and energetic Farm Operations Manager to oversee their cash crop operations.
This could be great opportunity for you if you have excellent knowledge of cash crop farming, soil and plant science, have hands-on experience, and are motivated to manage a large cash-crop farming operation and lead a team. Working closely with, and reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for organizing and assisting the team to complete all duties related to the cash crop operation. This role is hands-on and based in the field and in the office.
If this sounds like you, please apply below!
A competitive compensation package is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience, and will include medical, dental, and pension.
Why Work for this Company
- Great team of people where all divisions work together
- Very progressive company that uses the latest technology to grow the best crops with sustainable and resource efficient production methods
- A very enjoyable work-life balance
- The farm is associated with a large, long established and successful, multi-division business and, as such, is able to share in resources.
- We are committed to providing an environment that supports professional growth, advancement and development
- Oversee the team to complete the duties of the day, month, and yearly plan.
- Create and maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Keep new and modern equipment operating at peak performance.
- Provide guidance and performance management with respect to field and elevator operations.
- Explore crop diversification and conduct research as appropriate.
- Some equipment (tractor/sprayer, etc.) operations will be required during peak times.
What you Need:
- A Masters or Bachelor degree in Agriculture, with emphasis on Plant Science, Agronomy, Agricultural Business or Related Education is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Agronomy and experience growing crops in Ontario
- CCA accreditation would be an asset, or willingness to obtain.
- Interest in adapting and implementing technology and precision farming.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Supervisory experience would be an asset.