Farming Operations RepresentativeApply online
|Location||Huron County, Ontario|
Our client is a leading farm commodity group, working in one of the most successful supply managed industries in the country, and accounts for over $3.25 billion in overall economic activity in the province of Ontario. Our client’s goal is to be the premier provider of market-leading, and locally-farmed product.
They are looking to take the lead in all key areas of responsible farming while being responsive to the ever-changing needs of the consumer, markets and processor-customers.
We are recruiting for a Farming Operations Representative who will build and enhance the overall relationships, primarily with farmer-members, processor-customers and the value chain. This will be done through developing and delivering practical solutions that enhance both outcomes and the experience, and by creating a "customer-centric" environment.
- A competitive salary of $55 000 to start.
What you will do:
- Conduct on-site farm inspections throughout Huron County to ensure compliance with regulations and policy for quota holding farmers.
- Educate farmers in Best Management Practices, knowledge sharing, data and technology to achieve assured production performance.
- Responsible for advocating positive change by supporting farmers to evolve their businesses, as well as bringing them onto the digital program platform and providing customer service to drive innovation and enhance traceability.
- Interface with processors and transporters to ensure regulatory compliance, assist them interfacing with farmers through the digital program and support the administration of the marketing system.
What you will need:
- Degree in food related or bioscience discipline or equivalent high education course.
- 5 years in farming, food or related industry.
- 2 years in quality assurance or food safety.
- Bilingual is considered an asset.
- Ability to use standard technology tools - MS Windows, office, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Web.
- Experience in an ERP environment is an asset, such as SAP or CRM.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints.
The successful candidate will be provided with a company vehicle, cell phone, gas card and home office equipment. A valid Canadian driver's license is required.