Swine Farrowing TechnicianApply online
|Location||New Hamburg, Ontario|
Our client is a large family farm operation near New Hamburg, ON. We are seeking a full-time permanent Farrowing Technician to join our sow barn team to help us achieve top-tier commercial production.
What you will do:
- Treat the animals like they are your own.
- All aspects of farrowing and taking care of nursing sows and piglets.
- Be responsible for barn chores including farrowing, vaccinations, feeding and maintaining proper standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Maintain a high quality of herd health.
- Follow all bio-security and animal welfare procedures.
- Repair equipment as necessary.
- Keep the workplace clean and safe.
- All other responsibilities as necessary to run a very successful farrow to wean operation.
What you need:
- Three or more years of experience as a swine technician.
- The desire to create the very best results.
- The patience and gentle nature to work with young stock.
- The ability to work methodically and accurately.
- The ability to look ahead to see what work needs to be done next.
- The desire to keep the barns and the animals in excellent condition.
Our client provides excellent working conditions with an above average pay package including benefits. Rotating weekend work required. Please click on “Apply online” below if you are interested in applying to this job.