Feed Mill Lead Hand (2105)Apply online
Feed Mill Lead Hand
Our client is a large, modern and family-oriented swine farm, and feed mill located in Southwestern Ontario. They are currently accepting applications for a Feed Mill Lead Hand to help them manage their large and busy operation.
What you will do:
- Receive ingredients into the mill (bulk)
- Conduct grading of ingredients received
- Filling micro ingredient boxes and clean out ingredient bins as needed
- Work with employees to identify and addressing ingredient flow issues
- Load complete feeds orders on to trucks
- Ensure the mill is kept clean including the grounds surrounding the mill
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly routine preventative maintenance tasks including greasing bearings, checking gear boxes, inspection/tightening of belts, etc. is conducted
- Assist in maximizing the efficiency of the mill
- Ensure that company safety practices are adhered to
What you will need:
- Organized and able to understand and adhere to CFIA standards
- Knowledge of feed formulations gained either through hands- on experience or through a diploma/degree in Agriculture.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency is essential
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Ability to work 40 – 60-hour work week
- A minimum of a valid class G Drivers License is required. A valid DZ or AZ license is an asset
We thank all that apply although only those with a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number, a Valid Driver’s license and direct agricultural feed mill experience will be considered for this role.