Feed Mill Supervisor/Operator - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our Client is a locally owned and operated Agriservices Company with multiple locations east of Kingston, Ontario. Their business is a full-service Livestock Feed and Crop Input supplier, handling commercial grain and processing seed. We are currently recruiting for a Feed Mill Supervisor for a full-time, year-round position, who will conduct daily operations while supervising 4-5 operators. Training will be provided.
Wages: $20.00 -$25.00 per hour + Benefits
Shift: Monday to Friday – 7:30 am to 5 pm and occasional Saturday mornings
Why work with our client:
- An established, stable and successful locally owned company.
- A team environment where your opinions are appreciated.
- Willing to train, and room for advancement.
What you will do:
- Supervise 4-5 operators in the mill, including organizing work schedules.
- Receive ingredients into the mill - both bulk and bagged.
- Conduct grading of ingredients received.
- Work with employees to identify and addressing ingredient flow issues
- Bag complete feeds, and load complete feed orders on to trucks.
- Ensure the mill is kept clean including the grounds surrounding the mill
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly routine preventative maintenance tasks including greasing bearings, checking gear boxes, inspection/tightening of belts, etc. is conducted.
- Assist in repair and maintenance projects.
- Assist in maximizing the efficiency of the mill.
- Ensure that company safety practices are adhered to.
What you will need:
- Ability to supervise staff and organize daily schedules.
- Ability to perform all production duties in the mill, including carrying 25-40 KG bags, and climbing ladders.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of material handling.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards and records.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Enjoy working individually and in a team environment.
- Background or knowledge of livestock feed / farming is a nice to have, but not required.
- Only candidates with a valid Canadian Social Insurance Number can be considered for this position.
- Must have a valid Canadian Driver’s License