Field Cultivation ForemanApply online
|Company Name||The Flowr Group (Okanagan) Inc.|
|Company Address||9590 McCarthy Road Kelowna BC V4V1S5|
|Location||Kelowna, British Columbia|
The Flowr Corporation is a Toronto-headquartered cannabis company with operations in Canada, Europe, and Australia. Our Canadian operating campus, located in Kelowna, BC, includes a purpose-built, GMP-designed indoor cultivation facility; an outdoor and greenhouse cultivation site; and a state-of-the-art R&D facility that is currently under construction. From this campus, we produce recreational and medicinal products. Internationally, we intend to service the global medical cannabis market through our subsidiary Holigen, which has a license for cannabis cultivation in Portugal and will operate GMP-designed manufacturing facilities in Portugal and Australia.
Our purpose is to Cultivate Better: People, Plants, Products. To this end, we aim to support improving outcomes through responsible cannabis use and, as established experts in cannabis cultivation, strive to be the brand of choice for consumers and patients seeking the highest-quality craftsmanship and product consistency across a portfolio of differentiated cannabis products. All of this can only be achieved through the hard work of our growing, passionate team, who share the core values of being Pioneers, Champions, and Students, in all that we do.
The Field Cultivation Foreman provides on-site supervision and coordination of the outdoor field agriculture activities and agriculture workers. The Field Cultivation Foreman completes tasks assigned by the Outdoor Cultivation Manager to monitor and maintain plant health and process through to harvest within a regulated industry. The Field Cultivation Foreman will assist with maintaining quality control measures to ensure high quality product, maintain organization, hygiene and safety of the assigned area. The Field Cultivation Foreman will also carry out day-to-day plant care including watering, pruning, harvesting and trimming.
- Oversees & directs team of 2-4 people to maintain the crops and 15+ people during peak transplanting and harvest seasons,
- Oversees transplanting, growing, cultivation, and harvest tasks including preparation and maintenance of soil, planting, cultivation, fertilizing, irrigation, pest scouting, and harvesting (including cryo-freezing) of field crops within designated Field zone (approx. 2 acres) and assists in the Greenhouses as required,
- Delegate daily operational duties within the team members to accomplish all cultivation tasks properly and efficiently ensuring healthy, high-quality plants,
- Responsible coordination, supervision, of agriculture workers including tracking attendance and fulfillment & submission of time sheets,
- Conduct daily Toolbox Meetings to communicate daily plan to the team and to identify all hazards and discuss general safety,
- Responsible for training, assigning and following of all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and required documentation related to cultivation and sanitation duties
- Responsible for implementing and organizing all daily/weekly irrigation needs for assigned field zone and plant rows; following set irrigation schedule and fulfilling any related documentation needs as set out by the Outdoor Cultivation Manager,
- Ensure Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures and regulations are followed and employees are trained as per provincial and federal regulations,
- Managing all tools and material resources to meet field production targets,
- Ensure compliance with inventory tracking of plants from clone through to harvest using the seed-to-sale software; conduct monthly inventory audits to ensure full traceability,
- Maintain compliance with the Cannabis Act, Health Canada regulations and company policies and standards,
- Works in cooperation with both the Cultivation SME and Outdoor Technical Support Lead,
- Some formal education such as a diploma or degree in agriculture or horticulture preferred but not required,
- Experience in Field Crop agriculture or horticulture, or, any satisfactory combination of experience and training which clearly demonstrates the ability to perform the above-described duties within a heavily regulated industry,
- Experience in large scale, outdoor field cannabis cultivation including transplanting, sanitization, de-leafing, bucking, cryo-freezing harvest processes, etc.,
- Experience with farm machinery, equipment and hand tools,
- Experience supervising agriculture workers in a large scale greenhouse cannabis cultivation, an asset
- Knowledge of the Cannabis Act and regulations,
- Effective written and verbal communication and ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and government regulations,
- Time-management skills and ability to multi-task,
- Ability to stand, sit, kneel, and lift equipment or plants up to 50 lbs. for extended periods,
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment,
- Strong supervision and leadership skills,
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- $24 per hour, permanent / Full Time - 40hrs/week (some overtime, weekends and holiday will be required)
- Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or increases in salary. Flowr has a comprehensive Benefits Plan - dental, prescription drugs, extended medical, life and disability insurance
- Location of position, Kelowna, BC Canada
This is an exciting opportunity to join a promising industry with lots of room for career growth and advancement. Work alongside a skilled, professional and passionate team that genuinely intends to make a mark in this rapidly growing industry. This role has breadth offering the candidate great financial accounting experience in an operating environment.
The Company is a committed equal opportunity employer. Flowr’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job-related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Flowr prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. The Company believes in integration and equal opportunity. The Company is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility, removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.