Finish Grade OperatorApply online
|Company Name||Willowlee Sod Farms|
|Company Address||907 Victoria Road|
|Location||Prince Edward, Ontario|
|Wage/Salary||$ 19.00 - $ 22.00 per hour|
We are looking for someone who has both operating skills as well as communication and leadership skills. A detail-oriented person with a “get-the-job-done” attitude.
The Position: This is more than an operating job. We need someone who can:
- Use a skid steer and various attachments used for grading soil, like a power rake, a bucket, or a swail bucket
- Use a compact tractor and various attachments for grading
- Keep accurate records and timecards
- Supervise a grade labour crew with one or two other people
- Maintain the equipment
You will be responsible for preparing jobsites so they are ready for sod or hydroseed. This requires an “eye” for seeing high and low spots and a strong desire to make the soil perfectly flat.
- A valid AZ or Restricted AZ licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Experience using forklifts
- 4 years of experience grading and prepping sites
- 2 years experience using a skid steer
We offer $19-22/hour based on experience with room for raises and promotions based on skills and work ethic. Typically, you’ll work about 45-50 hours a week. We are aiming to have a start date of May 1. It could be earlier or later depending on weather. We will work until the ground freezes, normally around November and sometimes later in the year if possible. Winter employment in snow removal is offered.
Send your resume to Phil@willowlee.com, or come drop your resume off at the office (907 Victoria Road, Ameliasburg) and introduce yourself. We are so looking forward to meeting applicants! You can always call the office at 613 968 0338 if you have questions