General Manager - Seed Industry (northern eastern Ontario relocation) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a long-established and profitable full-spectrum Canadian Agriculture company located in Northern Eastern Ontario. They are undertaking an aggressive growth strategy and are seeking a like-minded, dynamic and motivated General Manager to lead their long-established Seed Business to the next level. The ideal candidate will bring direct experience in the Agricultural Seed Industry, Ag sales and marketing success, and operations and team leadership experience. Relocation to their northern eastern Ontario location is required
In this key senior leadership role with P&L responsibility, the General Manager will report to the President, and be responsible for development (in conjunction with the senior leadership team) and execution of business plans and objectives, sales and marketing programs, volume and profitability goals, and operations and team management for the Seed Business.
- A very competitive compensation package consisting of salary, incentive bonus, and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Financial assistance for re-location is offered.
- Lead the operations and support staff to achieve goals and objectives in order to grow the business and develop long-term relationships with customers.
- Coach and mentor staff to achieve their targets by implementing reporting and accountability systems tied to the strategic plan.
- Monitor, coordinate, and lead activities, product needs, and service requirements with the company and independent customers to ensure maximum sales opportunities, margins, efficiency, and synergy.
- Provide leadership in achieving profit objectives and communicate plans and targets to all staff and management.
- Coordinate all aspects of the seed business on a continuous basis.
- Participate in developing price lists and sales programs to achieve or exceed sales budgets and margin objectives.
- Help develop the corporate strategic plan.
- Participate in developing and executing the annual sales and marketing plan.
- Other responsibilities as required to successfully grow the business.
Key Knowledge Skills & Abilities :
- Degree or Diploma in agricultural or business, or a related field.
- Five or more years of Seed industry and sales experience, and an additional five or more years in a leadership or management capacity.
- Proven sales, marketing, and operations leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to build credibility, rapport, and long-term relationships.
- Ability to identify producer needs and trends in the marketplace.
- Proven ability to utilize organizational and multi-tasking skills to ensure maximum productivity and manage time effectively.
- Proven ability to create both strategic and operation plans and the ability to execute them.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is required
- Willingness to re-locate to the company’s office location.