Genetics Program Assistant (2563) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON|
|Location||South Huron County|
Our Client is a very successful family run swine operation located in Middlesex and Huron County. They are a second generation farrow to finish operation specializing in global sales. They are looking for a dedicated worker that would like to work in a 700 sow farrow to wean facility as their Genetics Program Assistant.
What you will do:
- Treat the animals like they are your own.
- Scanning pigs using genetic improvement program (e-Farm)
- Selecting gilts and boars
- Vaccinating animals
- Loading animals on trailers
- Weekend breeding
- Taking blood/saliva and DNA samples
- Doing planned matings
- Maintain a high quality of herd health.
- Follow all bio-security and animal welfare procedures.
- Repair equipment as necessary.
- Keep the workplace clean and safe.
What you will need:
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
- Goal oriented and takes satisfaction in completing a task/project
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of genetic improvement
- A minimum of 5 years experience working directly with swine
- Computer skills
- Self motivated and Positive attitude
- Effective communicator
- Valid Class G license with a clean driving abstract