Grain Buyer and Trader - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
AgriRecruiting.com Inc. is a recruitment firm for permanent full and part-time agricultural jobs in Canada. As farmers and agribusiness people with more than 40 years of industry experience, we understand the needs of our employers and our candidates. Our goal is to provide our clients with long-term quality employee solutions as well as to help candidates find a rewarding, long-term career. Please visit our website at www.agristaffing.com for more information and our job board with a full list of available Ag jobs.
Our Client is an integrated Agricultural Products and Services company with head offices near Montreal. We are recruiting for a motivated, dynamic, and experienced Bi-lingual (English and French) full-time Grain Buyer and Trader who will be responsible for purchasing directly from farmers and merchandising for existing and new domestic and international clientele. The focus will be on Soy and Corn, with the potential to expand to other grains as opportunities arise.
A very competitive package is negotiable based on experience and will include a base salary, commissions, and other benefits.
Why work with our client:
- A long established, stable and successful company.
- Competitive compensation package with benefits.
- Opportunity to work from home for part of the time.
What you will do:
- Develop and strengthen existing long-term customer relationships.
- Establish a solid business base for buying and selling products.
- Develop and grow existing key vendor and industry relationships, and new product sources, to ensure supply of quality product.
- Maintain and expand existing client base and research new potential markets.
- Coordinate with producers to purchase crops for domestic contracts and export.
- Purchase correct grades of grains for domestic contracts and exports.
- Ensure delivery of products on time, to the stipulated destination.
- Trade on own account, domestic or international, as opportunities arise.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, and Logistics departments.
- Conduct all business and personal affairs in a professional and ethical way.
- The company may assign other duties from time to time.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience in buying and trading grains, cereals, or other related agricultural products.
- Proven ability to build strong Farmer relations.
- An understanding of rules and regulations for purchasing and exporting of crops.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of inspection processes for products.
- Relevant business contacts with the ability to build a strong and profitable book of business quickly.
- Strong phone sales skills with an assertive approach.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with contacts at all levels.
- Ability to travel in Canada to visit farming operations, inspect grain bin contents, inspect fields, and grade grain for potential sales/purchases.
- A good understanding of logistics for moving products.
- Strong business acumen, a team approach, professionalism, strong business ethics, creativity, and persistence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Knowledge of, or experience in the Quebec and Ontario markets, and French language ability is an asset.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Word & Excel).