Grain Elevator OperatorApply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our Client is a locally owned and operated Agricultural Company with multiple locations east of Kingston, Ontario. Their business is a full-service Crop Input supplier, handling commercial grain and processing seed. We are currently recruiting for a Grain Elevator Operator for full-time, year-round position at their elevator west of Brockville, ON.
Wages: Hourly wage, Negotiable, based on experience and skills.
Why work with our client:
- An established, stable and successful locally owned company.
- A team environment where your opinions are appreciated.
- Offering competitive wages and lots of hours available.
- Willing to train, and room for advancement.
What you will do:
- Perform general duties in relation to the receiving and conditioning of grains.
- Work in various areas of the plant which will include the receiving and processing of seed.
- Operate various types of equipment with training provided by the Company.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Perform all tasks safely and follow all HACCP and safety regulations.
- Work within a team environment.
What you will need:
- An agriculture/farm background is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, physically - demanding environment. Including climbing ladders on a regular basis.
- Great communication and customer service skills.
- Previous related elevator experience is an asset but not required.
- Candidate must be able to be flexible in terms of work schedule, and work long hours including weekends and holidays during the September - December season. During off-season months, full-time hours are available, and can be fit around your schedule.
- Valid G licence as work duties may take you between locations.
- Self-motivated, team-player, and willing to take initiative.