Grain Origination Representative - Filled
|Phone||519 280 3006|
Our Client requires a Grain Origination Representative to facilitate the purchase and movement of corn, wheat, crush and IP soyabeans, edible beans, and organics. Their facility is located in the Glencoe, Ontario area and provides outstanding customer service to producers in various counties within Southwestern Ontario. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join an established and growing Company who strives to be the first choice in value-added grain marketing.
- Under the direction of the Grain Origination Manager proactively purchase grain for delivery into the Company facilities and the direct delivery markets.
- Report all grain purchases as directed to the Grain Merchandisers.
- Provide up to date market information and cash grain bids to patrons.
- Dispatch third party carriers to fulfill logistics requirements.
- Assist with developing effective marketing plans.
- Work with the originations team to create plans for and execute on lead generation - locate, evaluate and recruit potential customers/clients.
- Serve customers; address inquiries and resolve issues; manage contract details, credit and payment terms; and troubleshooting calls to help customers increase profits.
- Timely and accurate entry of all basis, future purchases, etc. contracts into the system as they are executed.
- Coordinate with internal departments in all activities surrounding the transfer or execution of contracts, ensure that appropriate instructions, and documentation are present.
- Recommend and assist with customer promotions, plot tours, presentations, etc.
- Manage administrative requirements of the position which includes the timely entry of all basis, future purchases, etc. contracts into the system.
- Assist in balancing inventories and other daily, monthly, and year-end functions.
- Strong communication ( verbal and written), organizational skills, and comfortable with most computer software programs.
- Post-secondary education at an agricultural college or university.
- A strong aptitude for customer relations and the ability to gain trust, with your customer base.
- The desire to read available information in order to stay up to date with grain marketing news as it affects local customers.
- General knowledge of cash, futures, basis markets and an understanding of grain dynamics is a definite asset.
- Attention to detail and above average accuracy with numbers.
- Post-secondary education at an agricultural college.
- 2+ years' relevant experience which could include hands on knowledge on the family farm.
- Valid G Driver’s licence.
A very competitive remuneration package with benefits etc, plus the opportunity for training and growth within the Company is offered with this position.