Grain Systems Service TechnicianApply online
|Company Name||Horst Systems|
Why Horst Systems?
- Earn a competitive hourly wage and generous year-end bonuses
- Work with a team of highly-skilled tradespeople who are physically fit and passionate about the work they’re doing
- Drive your own late-model Ford pickup, and make use of all the company-provided equipment you’ll need to get the job done, including a full set of DeWalt cordless tools
- Grow within the role or beyond it – there are opportunities for advancement in our service department
What will you do?
- Travel to client sites to service and repair material handling and storage equipment
- Understand and perform preventative maintenance on material handling and storage equipment
- Assist other service techs and customers with troubleshooting steps and ideas over the phone
- Participate in a rotating emergency on-call schedule for 3 to 4 months of the year
- Exercise excellent communication skills and develop good working relationships with customers
- Accurately complete work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets, safety forms etc.
- Assist with other projects/tasks during gaps in service calls
What will you need to qualify for the position?
- At least 3 years of relevant service experience
- Ability to review and understand engineering specifications, technical manuals, wiring diagrams, flow schematics, drawings, websites and databases to assist with the diagnosis and repair of equipment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, including but not limited to lifting up to 75 lbs, climbing ladders, and working at heights
- Valid driver’s licence and a good driver’s abstract
- Preference will be given to individuals with one or more of the following tickets: 425A, 426A, 433A, 437A, and/or 456A