Heavy Equipment Technician (4590) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Dr.|
AgriRecruiting.com Inc. is a recruitment firm for permanent full and part-time agricultural jobs in Canada. As farmers and agribusiness people with more than 40 years of industry experience, we understand the needs of our employers and our candidates. Our goal is to provide our clients with long-term quality employee solutions as well as to help candidates find a rewarding, long-term career.
Our client requires a Heavy Equipment Technician responsible for inspecting heavy machinery and providing preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Inspect motors in operation, test motorized equipment systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of equipment systems.
- Operate equipment for testing purposes or diagnose using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing machinery.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor.
- Order necessary parts and supplies.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service.
- Advise customers on work performed, general equipment condition and future repair requirements.
- Perform work at customer locations.
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Possess minimum 3 years Heavy Equipment Technician Experience
- Possess at a minimum a High School Diploma or GED equivalent; a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or College is preferred.
- Equipment Technician trade certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of various heavy equipment and their service needs.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Proficiency with electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
Please apply only if you meet the requirements list above.
All applications will be kept in confidence.