Horticultural Technician - Indoor Farming - Filled
We are conducting a confidential search for our client in the indoor farming sector. To assist with our clients’ efforts in growing fresh, flavorful, safe and nutritious, locally grown leafy green vegetables, using sustainable, non-gmo, pesticide free production practices, we are currently recruiting for a Horticultural Technician, for a full-time position at the companies Guelph area location.
As a key support to the Head Grower in day-to-day operations, the ideal candidate is a self-directed, knowledgeable horticultural technician who has education in plant science, horticultural or a related field, and possesses excellent communication and organization skills. If you would like to be part of this innovative, leading edge company, currently experiencing rapid growth, and take your horticultural career to the next level, please apply below!
Please note* All candidates to apply directly (below) to AgriRecruiting.com to be considered for this opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package including a robust benefits plan is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Conduct hands-on daily and weekly tasks including inspecting harvested crop for quality, recording deviations, observations, taking photos, and data upload.
- Observe and monitor the seeding line to ensure accurate density and delivery of nutrients.
- Maintain Horticultural systems within the mechanical room, and liquid storage tanks, ensuring efficient operation.
- Complete testing on plant nutrients, collect samples, and complete documentation.
- Provide research assistance to the Head Grower to consistently improve production methods and product quality.
- Assist with the writing of SOP’s as they relate to Horticultural production practices.
- Assist with training and monitoring of new team members on Horticultural functions.
- Other duties and general farm assistance as required to maintain an efficient and effective facility and production environment.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical degree or diploma in plant science, horticulture or a related field is preferred.
- Horticultural experience within a manufacturing environment, greenhouse, indoor grow or vertical grow operation is preferred.
- Ability and experience prioritizing Health & Safety of the team and facility.
- Ability to multi-task in a fact-paced work environment.
- Willingness to conduct daily repetitive tasks with efficiency.
- Ability to work 12-hour rotational shifts (7am - 7pm) including weekends is required.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Positive work attitude, works well independently and as part of the team.