Human Resources Manager - Filled
|Wage/Salary||$ 24.00 - $ 30.00 per hour|
Our client is a long-established livestock and cash crop operation with locations throughout south western Ontario. They are a producer and marketer of sustainable, environmentally beneficial products and services blending world-leading technologies with century-old techniques.
We are currently conducting a search for a Human Resources Manager to work with the management team at their Waterford, ON location.
The purpose of the job is to assist with the overall Company Human Resources and Health and Safety function by providing support to the manager.
- Support department managers with recruiting, onboarding and any H.R. related tasks.
- Use our recruiting software, the internet and other methods to find suitable candidates for your selected jobs.
- Create and upload detailed Job Descriptions with support of managers to various Job Boards.
- Review, screen, select, conduct detailed phone interview, in-person interviews and online video interviews of suitable candidates to move them forward in the recruiting process.
- Support managers with the interview process either in -person or through phone and video interview means.
- Provide detailed and prompt feedback to candidates on the recruiting process
Temporary Foreign Worker Program:
Provide temporary foreign worker services that include:
- Recruitment strategies, hiring and onboarding.
- Develop and sustain valuable human resources solution consultative and coaching skills and overall effectiveness of the temporary foreign worker program.
- Drive the change management efforts, encourage an attitude of change across the organization and promote the use of tools and technologies to gain efficiency in delivering human resource solutions.
- Ensure consistent adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements specific to the temporary foreign worker program and work with legal resources or external consultants to interpret and implement complex and ambiguous policies.
- Responsible for vendor management of the temporary foreign worker service providers. • Knowledge of work permit processes and permanent resident (PR) programs through provincial and federal streams.
Health and Safety:
- Employee relations: Comply with and enforce Occupational Health and Safety Act, internal safety rules and regulations within all departments.
- Be a key member of Joint Health and Safety Committee, ensuring monthly meetings are conducted, minutes are recorded, and activities are completed according to external and internal requirements.
- Assist Managers for WSIB cases claims and investigation
- Comply with and enforce Employment Standards Act legislation
- Assist with development and execution of Company HR policies and procedures.
Administration and other duties:
- Administer all entries (hire, transfers, terminations, ROEs).
- Update employee records and files accordingly.
- Complete Statutory Holiday pay calculations as per the ESA and/or Collective Agreement.
- All other duties assigned by general managers including supporting other office administration work
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources or other related field
- Completed or in progress CHRP/L designation preferred.
- 2 years’ experience as HR generalist with knowledge of ESA, Occupational Health and Safety Acts, Human rights code, Temporary Forerign Worker Program etc.
- Previous work experience in agriculture industry is essential
- Knowledge or experience working with the temporary foreign worker program
- Operations Continuous Improvement knowledge is an asset
Compensation and benefits:
- $24 - $30/h based on background and experience
- Company Benefits provided after 3-month probation
Please submit the resume and your cover letter indicating your agricultural background.
We thank all candidates that apply although we will be only reaching out to candidates that have agricultural human resources experience at this time.