Instructor, Animal Science - DairyApply online
|Company Name||Lakeland College|
|Phone||780 853 8406|
- Development and delivery of curriculum in courses such as dairy herd management, advance dairy nutrition, dairy genetics, applied livestock nutrition and student managed farm (dairy team)
- Instructing and advising students in the Animal Science Technology program and working in coordination with the farm staff for successful delivery of our Student Managed Farm capstone course in the Dairy Learning Centre
- Classroom, lab, and field trip instruction, preparation and marking of assignments and exams, as well as participation in program and department meetings
- Bachelor's degree in Animal Science/Agribusiness or a closely related field with industry experience and knowledge
- Ability to lead and motivate others while being committed to collaboration, effective goal setting and evaluation, and professional accountability
- Experience in commercial dairy production
- Ability to communicate effectively with refined presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrates a passion for dairy production and for agriculture education
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This is a Continuing Full-time Faculty appointment commencing August 30, 2020. Lakeland College offers an attractive pension, remuneration and benefit package.
Competition will remain open until June 7, 2020. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.