Instructor, Animal Science (Dairy)Apply online
|Company Name||Lakeland College|
|Phone||780 853 8406|
As a global leader in student-managed learning opportunities, we are committed to developing leaders at Lakeland College. It’s something we excel at because of our exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. Join our team and be part of helping our students take the lead not only into the future, but today.
Lakeland College is hiring a dairy instructor to lead curriculum development and delivery of the dairy programming at Lakeland College.
• Development and delivery of curriculum in courses such as dairy production, advanced dairy nutrition, anatomy and physiology, dairy farm management, dairy genetics, dairy diseases and treatment.
• Instructing and advising students in the Animal Science Technology program and working in coordination with the farm staff for successful delivery of our Student Managed Farm capstone course in the Dairy Learning Centre.
• Classroom, lab, and field trip instruction, preparation and marking of assignments and exams, as well as participation in program and department meetings
• Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science/Agribusiness or a closely related field with industry experience and knowledge
• Experience in developing and delivering innovative course content and personal experience in relation to dairy management and production
• Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to communicate effectively with refined presentation and facilitation skills
• Demonstrates a positive attitude, willingness to accept and promote change
• Ability to lead and motivate others and be committed to collaboration, effective goal-setting and evaluation, and professional accountability
This is a continuing full-time position commencing in early August of 2019.
For further information, please contact Geoff Brown, Chair by email at email@example.com
Competition will remain open until July 1, 2019. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.