Instructor, Animal Science TechnologyApply online
|Company Name||Lakeland College|
|Phone||780 853 8406|
As a global leader in student-managed learning opportunities, we are committed to developing leaders at Lakeland College. It’s something we excel at because of our exceptional team. Their passion and commitment to academic excellence, innovation and achievement is what sets Lakeland apart, as an educator and an employer. Join our team and be part of helping our students take the lead not only into the future, but today.
Lakeland College is hiring an Animal Science instructor to develop and deliver curriculum as related to range management and livestock nutrition.
- Development and delivery of curriculum in courses such as Range and Forage and Applied Livestock Nutrition
- Instructing and advising students in the Animal Science Technology program and working in coordination with the farm staff and other faculty advisors for the successful delivery of our Student Managed Farm capstone course advising the feed management and grazing committees
- Classroom, lab, and field trip instruction, preparation and marking of assignments and exams, as well as participation in program and department meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science/Agribusiness or a closely related field with industry experience and knowledge
- Ability to lead and motivate others while being committed to collaboration, effective goal setting and evaluation, and professional accountability
- Demonstrated passion for grassland management and livestock nutrition
- Ability to communicate effectively with refined presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrates a passion for the livestock industry and for agriculture education
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This is a Sessional Full-time Faculty appointment commencing August 4, 2020 to May 28, 2021.
Competition will remain open until July 6, 2020. All resumes are to be submitted electronically on our website www.Lakelandcollege.ca
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.