Livestock Facility SupervisorApply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our Client is a successful and award-winning family owned organic farming operation, located in the Peterborough, ON area. We are seeking a motivated Livestock Facility Supervisor for a newly created, hands-on role with our client.
The farm is a multi-generation operation currently farming broiler chickens and 1000+ cash crop acres, all grown organically. In this role, the successful candidate will train with the current Supervisor for an extended period if needed, and then take over supervision and the day to day operations of the modern broiler chickens’ facility.
If you have a background in livestock (any type), the motivation to learn and produce high quality broilers, and are mechanically inclined, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Please apply below.
Salary and Benefits:
- There is a base salary plus a production incentive bonus plan.
- A family sized farmhouse including utilities can be provided, if required.
- A company vehicle is included.
- Perform the day to day work in the facility, producing high quality organic broiler chickens.
- Supervise the facility; perform required general maintenance for the facility and machinery, and arrange for repairs as needed.
- Be responsible to meet and exceed production quality and numbers.
- Other duties as required to successfully supervise the facility.
- Work long hours as the work dictates.
What you will need:
- Proven experience and skills working with livestock.
- Motivated to learn and produce high quality broiler chickens.
- Experience growing broilers is an asset, but not required.
- Strong mechanical skills related to farm equipment.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Positive and energetic attitude, willingness to learn.
- Note* Our client is willing to provide extensive training for the successful candidate of needed.