Logistics Manager (5593) - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
|Location||North York, Ontario|
With head offices in Toronto and offices around the world, our client sources and sells bulk grains, lentils, peas, chickpeas, and other specialty crops to an international clientele. Due to growth in their business, they are seeking a Logistics Manager to be an integral part of their team at the Toronto office. If you have successful Canadian experience coordinating logistics for agricultural commodities, we want to hear from you! Please apply below.
The Logistics Manager will oversee, improve and streamline the logistics and supply chain processes for this recently established and growing agricultural commodities trading company. They will develop new and improve existing relationships with carriers and negotiate favorable terms for the company. They will perform all day-today duties required including document preparation. A roll-up-your-sleeve mentality and entrepreneurial attitude is required.
Compensation: A very competitive compensation package including benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s experience.
What you will do:
- Coordinate with the Procurement, Marketing & Sales departments on a day to day basis.
- Coordinate and monitor the transportation and movements of goods for importing and exporting.
- Prepare import and export documentation related to banks and customs agencies.
- Arrange for transport/shipping documentation; oversee the scheduling; dispatching, and monitoring the movement of goods.
- Arrange insurance coverage for cargo when required.
- Monitor holds or discrepancies in the movement of goods, and notify customer service or the customer.
- Resolve problems, provide ongoing support, and be proactive with services.
- Communicate with Road/ Rail/ Sea freight carriers and subcontractors.
- Gathering of claim documents and facts if claims are involved.
- Communicate and coordinate with co-loaders, truckers, customs brokers and other service providers and agents.
- Arrange delivery or handover to 3rd parties.
- Remain responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of the movement of shipments; resolving any discrepancies in a timely manor.
- Review files before closing to ensure all processes are adhered to.
- The company may assign other duties from time to time
What you will need:
- 5+ years of experience in logistics coordination for agricultural commodities.
- Experience with Incoterms, payment terms, and commercial operations.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong attention to detail and experience preparing documents by hand
- Solid computer software skills (Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.