Manager, Food & Beverage Innovation Centre - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
|Location||Bible Hill, Nova Scotia|
AgriRecruiting.com Inc. is a recruitment firm for permanent full and part-time agricultural jobs in Canada. As farmers and agribusiness people with more than 40 years of industry experience, we understand the needs of our employers and our candidates. Our goal is to provide our clients with long-term quality employee solutions as well as to help candidates find a rewarding, long-term career. Please visit our website at www.agrirecruiting.com for more information and our job board with a full list of available Ag jobs.
Our Client, Perennia Food and Agriculture Inc. is Nova Scotia’s technical development agency focused on the advancement of the province’s seafood and agriculture sectors. Their highly skilled and collaborative teams’ mandate is to create value for the industry and the agency through the development and implementation of programs and consulting services. To assist in this effort, we are recruiting for a Manager, Food and Beverage Innovation Centre, based in Perennia’s Truro, Nova Scotia office to join a growing team of 50+ employees.
The Food and Beverage Innovation Centre is at a critical stage of growth in terms of its business model and how it can best accelerate the food sector. We are seeking a multi-disciplined food expert and business manager who has the ability to oversee a highly capable technical and development team, and build the consulting and facilities rental business.
In this Senior Executive Team leadership position, you will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will be a strong, experienced leader and business builder who has a well-rounded background in the food business, and an understanding of food science, analytical services, and food safety principles. While this position will be a key trend identifier for the company and sector, they also need to manage projects and processes and track performance of the team and service lines.
Please note* Our client wishes all interested applicants apply directly below to AgriRecruting.com for consideration, and not to our client.
- A competitive compensation package consisting of salary, benefits, and an employer matched RRSP plan, is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Building greater demand for our ‘fee-for-service’ consulting services in the agri-food, seafood and beverage sectors and adapt and innovate the portfolio of services to drive revenues
- Ensuring smooth operations of the Centre facilities which includes a product development lab, analytical labs, pilot process facility and tenant spaces
- Managing a team of professionals in food science, microbiology, chemistry, food safety, seafood development, equipment and facility operations
- Monitoring a broad spectrum of multi-disciplinary projects of a technical, development and business nature
- Thinking strategically, building relationships and being a key client, stakeholder and government relationship builder including developing partnerships with academic institutions to support commercialization of their food-based research
- Tracking performance metrics and effectively utilizing metrics during coaching discussions with team members
- Contribute to focused, open, transparent teaming and alignment to the achievement of the enterprise strategic and business plans as a member of the senior management team
Key Skills, Abilities & Attributes:
- Business degree plus 7-10 years progressive management experience in the food industry, with knowledge of either or both primary and secondary agriculture, and the seafood processing sectors considered an asset.
- Demonstrated business success in developing business lines and making them profitable.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of food production with an emphasis on applied research and product development for commercialization of food products.
- Self-starter who possesses exceptional organizational and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Government relations experience and experience in public sector and academic environments is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to coach, inspire, motivate and maximize team performance.
- Ability to set, manage and meet budgets.
- Demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking with tangible business results.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Analytical thinker as well as a natural leader with the ability to partner, build and maintain an effective network of relationships while delivering results.
- Proficient in relevant computer software including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet applications.
See this job and more at agrirecruiting.com. Recruiters for full time Ag employment