Marketing & Communications ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario|
|Location||Guelph , Ontario|
|Phone||519 577 0535|
Christian Farmers Federation of Ontario (CFFO) is a professional organization for family farm entrepreneurs. The CFFO was established to help our members live out their faith in their farming practices and to help government develop policies and programs that protect the long- term success of agriculture. As a provincially Accredited Farm Organization (AFO), we advocate on behalf of our members, advising provincial government on policy solutions for a broad range of agricultural, rural and social issues that impact the quality of life and the businesses of our farm families.
CFFO offers challenging work, a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation and the opportunity to be a member of a close-knit team. The successful candidate will be provided mentoring by the current Communications Manager to ensure an effective transition to the role.
The ideal candidate will possess a College or University Degree and 2 - 3 years related experience. The successful candidate must have excellent written, verbal and active-listening communication skills. Experience working with a Board and an understanding of agricultural, rural and social issues relating to farm families would be an asset.
• Provide timely communication of CFFO messages through various channels, including but not limited to print newsletters, weekly CFFO Commentaries, monthly eUpdates, email campaigns, social media, advertisements, news releases, and other submissions to agricultural news sources.
• Introduce new marketing initiatives to promote the CFFO brand and strategic goals.
• Monitor, evaluate, and report on all CFFO marketing and communications activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered.
• Ensure all CFFO offerings conform to brand identity; conduct ongoing brand management.
• Develop marketing plans within budget requirements.
• Maintain and regularly update the CFFO website using WordPress.
• Write commentaries, articles, letters, reports, promotional copy, etc., as required.
• Provide copy-editing support for official outgoing communications, including policy submissions and letters to Government.
• Oversee CFFO’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
• Coordinate production and placement of CFFO print communications and advertisements.
• Coordinate with external contractors on content development for social media and commentaries.
• Provide media relations support to GM, President or other CFFO representatives, as needed.
• Build relationships with stakeholders; represent the CFFO at various meetings and on committees, as required.
• Be knowledgeable and conversant in both short-term issues and long-term trends in agriculture, as well as emerging issues and their impact.
• Work with the Member Relations Manager to maintain the CFFO Partnership program; connect with partners, send out annual partnership forms, offer partnerships to new organizations or businesses and build relationships with stakeholders.
• Visiting CFFO members at their farm to interview, write and take pictures for a possible story in The Steward magazine.
• Assist with Agri-Day and other federation events to ensure they are successful.
• Contribute material for re-accreditation.
• Collaborate with staff to achieve goals of CFFO Strategic Plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
What we offer
• Competitive salary
• Employee benefits – health & dental
• RRSP Matching
• EAP program
• Free on-site parking
• Free coffee
• Employee events, lunches
• Paid time off (vacation, family wellness days)
Interested candidates are requested to submit a resume and cover letter to Monica Perez, Talent Acquisition Specialist, H2R Business Solutions email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, CFFO accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. If you are contacted regarding this job opportunity or an assessment, please advise if you require accommodation so we can ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.