Member Services Liaison - Pork IndustryApply online
|Company Name||Ontario Pork|
Ontario Pork, in Guelph, is looking for a Member Services Liaison to join their team on a fulltime, permanent basis. The successful candidate must have experience working in the agriculture sector or understand the needs and demands of those employed in this sector. Experience in the pork industry would be considered an asset.
Reporting to the Manager of Industry & Member Services, the Member Services Liaison will liaise between producers and Ontario Pork by establishing effective, cooperative business relationships with the producer body in an effort to educate producers and market services provided by Ontario Pork.
The major duties and responsibilities include:
- Act as the representative for implementing, assisting and educating producers, associations and industry partners about the value in participating in the national swine traceability, Canadian Quality Assurance, (CQA) and Animal Care Assessment (ACA) programs.
- Assist producers in adopting new technologies, as required.
- Provide transporter support through updating all contact information for transporters, organizing resources (hot/cold weather kits, animal handling, etc.), or as required.
- Provide Electronic Manifest support for transporters, producers and processors.
- Provide/ source training and other resources to producers (Human Resources, Animal Welfare, etc.), and others as required.
- Provide producer support through following up with phone calls or attending/speaking at producer meetings on Board-related issues/opportunities, or as required.
- Responsible for keeping database contact files up to date for all members and industry partners.
- Assist team members as required by Manager of Industry & Member Services.
- Post-secondary education, preference for an Agri-business related degree.
- Proficient in electronic communication systems.
- Possess a solid and current knowledge of swine issues.
- Solid understanding of related production and industry issues.
- Technical Skills
- Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Strong research skills.
- A valid driver’s license and a minimum of $1,000,000 liability vehicle coverage.
- Core Competencies
- Analytical, organized, strong verbal and written communication skills, diplomatic, strong drive, results oriented, good time management skills and flexible.
- Some road travel to off-site meetings and events.
- Some evening and weekend travel.
- Visits to industry-related facilities.