Operations ManagerApply online
Our client is one of Western Ontario’s leading independent crop input and service retailers. They provide a complete line of leading crop input brands, many Certified Crop Advisors on staff plus they provide custom applications of fertilizers and protection crop products.
They pride themselves with providing exceptional customer service. They are established, energetic and expanding. A great opportunity for an experienced professional is available to join their growing team as a full-time Operations Manager.
What you will do:
- Responsible for all staff pertaining to the office, outside, warehouse and trucks.
- Ensure superior customer service from all sections under their control
- Ensure superior customer service at the warehouse dock.
- Ensure all staff are properly safety training and that all training is up to date.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all functions
- Manage flow of stock: backroom to retail floor & retail to backroom as season dictates
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure all products are ordered and on-time
- Responsible for purchasing and ensuring accountants have all completed documents required
- Work closely with the financial controller to ensure proper margins and risk loss coverage.
- Ability to sell and cross sell when opportunities present themselves
- Empower staff to do their jobs to best of their ability
- Scheduling of staff including ensuring hours of work are fair and equitable
- Responsible for granting, reviewing and restricting overtime as necessary
What you will need:
- Good knowledge of, Health and Safety procedures, customer services, administrative and clerical procedures.
- Good active listening, reading comprehension, time management and writing skills.
- Secondary School graduate
- Good computer skills/working knowledge of Micro Soft Office
- Good Organizational skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently & multi task
- Ability to obtain propane license