Parts Clerk / Service Writer - Filled
Our Client, Richards Equipment Inc. is a long established and successful main-line farm equipment dealer, servicing the agricultural and construction industries in York Region and Simcoe County for many decades. The dealership is located in the north end of Barrie, ON. We are recruiting for a full-time Parts Clerk/Service Writer to help them with their busy service department.
Please apply below for consideration and not directly to our client.
Wages: Hourly wage, $19.00 - $23.00, based on experience, plus benefits.
Why work with our client:
- An established, stable and successful locally owned company.
- A team environment where your opinions are respected.
- Offering group insurance benefits and bonuses.
- Willing to train, and room for advancement.
What you will do:
- Answer customer calls, emails, faxes, and all other inquiries
- Sell parts and used equipment for a variety of makes and models
- Parts sourcing
- Paperwork and invoicing
- Ensure that workspace is clean and professional at all times
- Maintain all safety protocol and policy as laid out in the policy book
- Open work orders as directed by the Service Manager and maintain control until closed and invoiced.
- Handle Repair Order charges, warranty validation & claims coverages including computation of charges, submission and follow-up.
- Maintains the service library with information that is current.
- File bulletins, manuals, video tapes, etc. under the direct supervision of the Service Manager.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
- Handles service department filing and records.
- Updates customer profiles using equipment, hours or other information from the customer work orders.
- Maintains accessories and supplies and prepares replacement orders for the Service Manager’s approval.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Must have outgoing, friendly personality and superior communication & customer service skills.
- Experience working in a Parts or Service department
- Ability to write and work on routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to negotiate customer complaints to a satisfactory resolution
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural machinery or demonstrate the ability and desire to learn
- Experience with common dealership or point of sale computer systems
- Good computer skills
- Knowledge of office procedures
- Good organizational ability
- General understanding of mechanical/technical terms.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 years sales experience in either agricultural, construction or automotive parts sales
- Must have transportation to and from work
- Ability to process paperwork in a quick, efficient, and sensitive manner
- Ability to handle information, company, customer, and co-worker, information with sensitivity