Plant ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Hensall Co-operative|
POSITION: Plant Manager LOCATION: Manitoba
Hensall Co-op is growing! We are seeking a dynamic individual to become an integral member of our team. The Plant Manager is responsible for managing and leading the activities of all processing employees to ensure that all plans and directives are implemented successfully.
What Hensall Co-op has to offer:
- Group Benefits plan (dental, prescriptions, vision, massage, chiropractic, physiotherapy etc.)
- Pension Plan matched by Hensall.
- Length-of-service Awards
- Safe and essential workplace
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment and selection of new processing employees to ensure staffing is available to achieve projected volumes.
- Create strong staffing schedules to accommodate time off requests and holidays.
- Provide effective, strategic leadership for the processing team.
- Respond to employee requests and concerns with the assistance of Human Resources, as well as providing guidance and support to employees.
- Enforce all standard operating procedures for equipment and machinery in Processing and Yard.
- Direct employees to adhere to all Hensall Co-op Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and SQF policies and procedures.
- Ensure all documentation levels meet or exceed SQF plans.
- Ensure that all production vehicles and equipment are always operated safely and maintained according to schedule.
- Purchase/order required supplies to ensure all employees are provided with materials required.
- Oversee the operation of cleaners, density separators, electronic sorters, and other specialized processing equipment.
- Perform weekly volume, grading and shrink analysis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High level leadership skills
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- High degree of technical knowledge and understanding of crop products and commodities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of building strong working relationships within and outside Hensall Co-op.
- Strong decision-making capabilities and ability to enforce them.
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility, business finance, capital funding, contracts, and partnerships
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel etc.
- Overtime as required to deal with company emergencies, customer needs with seasonal harvest demands.
- This position will be required to be available evenings and weekends.
Post-Secondary education in an Agricultural or Business-related program.
5+ years management experience
10+ years of experience in an agricultural processing environment
Class 5 License
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Department Attention: Nicole Hawley
Hensall Co-op is committed to employment equity and encourages members of the four designated groups to apply. Accommodation will be made upon request.