Poultry Farm Grower TechnicianApply online
Our client is an established organization in the poultry and swine industry. Their reputation speaks for itself in this industry because of their commitment to high standards in quality assurance, reliable service models and production.
They are currently looking for a motivated professional to join their team as a Grower Services Advisor Technician. This field role (Southeast Ontario) will partner with poultry bird growers and provide advice and expertise as part of the quality assurance and production service models.
Are you a relationship builder who enjoys consulting and advising? Do you enjoy helping farmers increase production and quality standards? Then this is the career for you. Competitive compensation, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Travel within southeast Ontario to make daily calls on chicken farms to provide the technical consultation required to service chicks and feed, ensuring the delivery of high-quality birds to production at the end of the growing period.
- Attends industry functions and meetings from time to time to promote service models.
- Monitors broilers throughout the growing period with a focus on the specific technical elements and challenges of the process.
- Participates in Grower Services team meetings, either in person or via conference call.
- Communicates with all Grower Services team members and senior broiler planning specialist regarding the status of accounts and the technical performance of producers.
- Working with the Grower Services Account Management Team, manage a grower list, executing the defined grower service model ensuring the defined technical requirements are met by all growers.
- Coordinating in a team selling environment with the Grower Services Account Management team, to provide the support services required by the grower.
- Delivering materials and knowledge related to the services provided and data captured at the grower barns.
- Collecting and delivering data entry as required by the grower service model.
- Providing input for Policies, Processes & Procedures.
- Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures, and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Two years of related experience and a demonstrated understanding of the production processes as it relates to broiler production including hatchery, broiler production, feed and slaughter an asset
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
- Understanding of fundamental bio security practices
- Team-player able to motivate others, negotiate effectively, and interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential
- General computer skills (MS Office), Sharepoint.
Education and Certification:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field (Animal Sciences).